Wednesday, November 27, 2013

1750 Dark Angels vs Imperial Guard Battle Report

   I managed to get a game in tonight against an IG player who is very good and routinely places in the Top 5 at the local store.

I used my Deathwing list with the Lascannon Devastators and the Librarian ( http://skimmerspam.blogspot.com/2013/11/merry-mayhem-list.html)



His list was to the best of my knowledge
Primaris Psyker
Lord Commissar-Power Axe
Psyker Battle Squad
    Chimera
Veteran Squad-3 Plasma guns, Lascannon
    Chimera
Platoon Command Squad-Alrahem, 4 Flamers
3x Platoon Squads-Flamer, Power Axe, Autocannon
   Commisar-Power Axe
Heavy Weapon Squad-3 Autocannons
Heavy Weapon Squad-3 Lascannons
2x Venedettas
2 Hydras
Leman Russ Exceutioner-Plasman Cannons, Lascannon
Aegis-Comms Relay

We rolled 2 missions of equal weight, Scouring and Purge, with Hammer and Anvil, no Night Fight
He got outflank for his warlord traits and Hallucination and Psychic Shriek for his Primaris Psyker
My Librarian had the Ideal powers of Prescience and Perfect Timing (ignores cover)
I win the roll of to deploy first I took it.

Devastators and Librarian on Top of the Bastion, Tactical Squad inside the Bastion, and the Predator on the right.  He castled everything up in his back corner. He failed his seize roll.

I Deathwing Assaulted Belial's 10m unit of Terminators into the side arc of his Psychic Squads Chimera and the only damage I do is barely kill the Chimera by glancing to death.  Perfect Timing fails to go off, and i only land one glance with the Devs on the Russ, he makes his cover

He proceeds to shoot the Plasma Vets and the Russ into Belial's squad.  The plasma cannon sponson overheated taking a HP from the Russ, but he still wipes the squad leaving 1 Terminator alive and netting him the Warlord bonus point.

Turn 2 1 Squad of Terminators Arrived and I deep strike them approximatly near midfield to claim an 3point objective that he has the ability to outflank onto and score otherwise.  Prescience causes a perils and fails to go off, Perfect timing does go off though and all 5 Lascannons Hit and score 2 pens and a glance on the now side armor of the Russ and cause it to explode eliminating the most dangerous threat to my troops. Lone Termy charges the Psykers takes no damage but rolls 3 1s to hit and whiffs horribly.

He gets 1 Vendetta, the Blob, Platoon Command Squad, and Autocannnon Teams arrive, I forget to intercept the Vendetta, the damage this turn is the lone termy dieing to the Primaris Psyker, Newly arrived termies are hit with hallucination and unable to do anything, and they lost their assault cannon to the hydras and the Vendetta strips a hull point from the Predator.

Turn 3 My last squad fails to come in again, Prescience and Perfect timing go off and I shoot the Vendetta out of the Sky, Predator kills the Vet Chimera
A krak shot from the Tac Sqaud instagibs a Autocannon team and they fail morale, which is nice because otherwise they would have full BS at the rear arc.

He regroups the Autocannons and consolidates back towards the rear arc, Lascannon Teams come in and shoot at the bastion nothing happens.  Blob Squad drops the Predator.

Turn 4 I drop My termies near the objective the Autocannon Teams are on and splitfire the assault cannon into them to finish them off, and storm bolters go into the blob, the other termies go into the blob with stormbolters as well.  Lascannons fully buffed kill off the Lascannon teams

Turns start to blur together a bit. Highlights include him charging my termies at midfield with his blob killing them all off after 2 rounds of combat bottom of 5 Hovering and turbo boosting towards the 4 pointer my remaining 2 terminators were on . Game goes on I put all of my lascannons into his Platoon command squad killing all but one, who passed morale.  I charge his vendetta and stun it so I end up killing it in his assault phase.  Game ends I win KPs 7-4 he wins Objectives 8-6, I have First Blood, He has Warlord so a complete draw

EDIT:I forgot in Scouring you get points for killing the Opponent's fast attack so that would have tied the Scouring and so with my KP win I would finish with a minor win as opposed to a draw

Lessons I learned? Even Space Marine psykers can be incredibly dependant on which powers they roll up, but prescience + perfect timing makes for a really happy Devastator Squad. Also 11 Terminators in fluff may be able to walk through an entire army but in reality they need some pretty hefty support up close or they won't last long.  While fairly durable from the front the Predator is fairly easy to flank and get some exposed side armor shots.

Hopefully I can get my GK allies Ready for a test game before the tournament so I can  try both lists to make a better decision about what to take

No comments:

Post a Comment