Saturday, May 8, 2010

Asdrubael Vect

As opposed to most other blogs I will not waste a post on a welcome to my site, so I can get right to the Meat and potatoes of my blog.

When I first started Warhammer 40k I was flipping through my codex and when I got to the back I saw Asdrubael Vect looked at his stat line had know idea what the stats meant but I knew he was good because the numbers were high.

With WS6 BS6 Str4 AV 11 11 10 I7 A5 and AV 14 against shooting, a dark lance, two disentegrators, and three Splinter Pistols, all on a fast skimmer Chassis, Vect looks like a bargain at 277 points. However his stock goes down when you remember he is open topped and is squished by powerfists and mostrous creatures.

On the upside since he the pistols count as firing from a unit on a open-topped transport you may fire them seperately from the big guns. For example, a carnifex and a squad of gaunts are near by, instead of wasting the lance on the guants and tring to wound a carnifex with pistols you can fire the lance and disentegrators at the carnifex and blast the gaunts with the pistols.

Also since Vect counts as a Dreadnought in Close Combat grenades only hit him on a 6, so even marines with the entire unit coming stock with Krak grenades are only able to do minimal damage after 5 power weapon attacks go through, and eldar haywire grenades do not affect him unless he is immobilised

The possibilities for him are endless, need to stall a land raider for a turn, destroy a command squad in a chimera? the nearly autohit lance and dissentegrators open it up, then open with pistols ont the guys inside and charge. Other guy reserved? Just move Vect flat out, assuming no loaded dice it will be hard to take out an AV14 vehicle with a 4+ cover save.

Just leave your comments below, and if you have any topics you want covered let me know I will try to post battle reports soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment