Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blood Angels-Knights of Blood 2000 point list

Yes I have jumped on the Blood Angels Bandwagon. The one thing that I tell myself is I am doing it as a "fluffy" build, and I jumped a long time after instead of joining the MEQ Flaver of the Month Club.

Dante-225
Honor Guard-Jump Packs, 3 Meltas, Flamer, 2 Storm Shields-240
10 Death Company-5 Power Weapons, 2 Pfists, Bolter, 2 Normal, Lemartes-625
2X Death Company Dreads- Talons-250
2X 5 Assault Marines-Jump Packs, Power Weapon-230
2X Storm Ravens-Xtra armour, Multimelta, Assault Cannon-430

It puts a lot of eggs into very few baskets, but I like the hitting power. Instead of a Dual Deathstar build it more of a Death Star II and Dual Eclipse Star Destroyer build (and yes I know I eclipsed the usual level of nerddom with Star Wars and 40k in the same post.[Yes the pun was intended])

Anyways the Storm Ravens will NEVER start on the board and Dante, the Honor Guard and the Death Company it really depends on the circumstances. Ideally Dante deploys with the Death Company, as the best CC punch in my local area needs to be able to hit the area it will do the most damage. One of the "less than ideal" circumstances is any parking lot with AP 3 or better Blast templates. (Leman Russes, Devil Dogs, and Vindicators) When Dante goes with the Honor Guard for the Rear Armour Melta to "guarantee" a safe drop for the Death Company.

Storm Ravens come on try to eliminate any threats to the Death Company,(much like C-130 gunships cleared Landing Zones in Vietnam for the Choppers) The Honor Guard can handle almost any situation that they need shooting wise and will go where they will do the most harm to my opponent.

As usual post your comments/criticisms below.

No comments:

Post a Comment