Saturday, October 30, 2010

Deathwing VS Necrons 2000 ponits

Yesterday I played Against one of the Top Three Players at our LFGS (who won the semifinals in his region at 'Ard Boyz, and placed 7th in the finals[not sure if it was overall or just at the Chicago Battle Bunker])

So I knew it would be an uphill battle even if he only used 1500 pts AND Subtracted 1 from every d6 he rolled, but I loved playing against him and would like to do so again, because up untill my last Terminator died I felt like a had a chance.

Anyways, His List

Deciever
Destroyer Lord with Orb, Warscythe, and the 4+ invuln save (phase shifter?)
10? Scarabs with disruption fields
2X 5 Destroyer
3X 10 Warriors
Monolith
4 Pariahs

My List
Belial
Librarian
Comannd Squad-Apothecary, 2 Power weapons, Flamer
Razorback- Twinlinked Lascannon
2 Venerable Dreadnaughts-1 had Multimelta, 1 with Assault Cannon, both had extra armour
Deathwing squad- Assault Cannon, Seargent, Lightning Claws, Banner, Apothecary
2X Deathwing squad- Assault Cannon, Seargent, Lightning Claws
Deathwing Squad-TH/SS, Cyclone
Predator-Twinlinked Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons


We drew Dawn of War, Capture and Control

He won the roll to go first placed Deciever Exact center of the Table, Destroyers and the Lord with Scarabs came on turn 1, Monolith went into deepstrike, and Warriors in to standard reserve.

I deployed nothing, Dreadnaughts, Predator and Belial's Squad walked on Turn 1, and The Assault Cannon squads Deathwing Assulted on his my left flank in his Deployment Area(mistake #1, as it turns out and talking to my oppenent after the game, should have deepstruck closer to his obective forcing him to pull the deciever away from my line and allowing me an Extra 4 Assault cannons and an Extra Lascannon Shot at it over the next couple of turns)

Predator Came on from corner behind abuilding blocking LoS to Deciever (mistake #2)The Dreadnaught with the Assault cann did a wound to the Deciever, I did not fire the Multimelta Dread (mistake #3)

Turn 2

None of his reserves come in

1 Unit of Destroyers got 2 Glance on my Assault Cannon Dreadnaught, double 5's for Damage I ask for the Venerable rerolls... Double 6's (mistake #4, and Terrible Luck)
Predator lost it's twinlinked Lascannon to the other Destroyer unit and could not shoot the rest of the game. (constantly Shaken)

This was perhaps the only real eventful turn, Whenever I assulted the Deciever hopped out of Combat only to assault on his turn. The Lord would always Die on his turn only to hide from my shooting and Make His WBB roll on his turn again.

My last Terminator could have contested the objective, (maybe claim it if he could have forced the warriors to fall back) He made 10 saves against a warrior unit shooting, and the a single shot from the last Pariah finished him off (bound to happen but disappointing nonetheless)

Oh well hindsight is 20/20 and I'll Have to learn from my mistakes and get more models to assemble a better list.

On the plus side, this shows I am not an expert like many other bloggers (Fritz and Jawaballs, to name the big ones), but it lends credence to the fact I spout random lists that nobody has tried using that may be "superlists"

Please leave your comments and Remember "The Arc was built by Amateurs, the Titanic by Professionals"

No comments:

Post a Comment